Thursday, December 30, 2010

Never Work a Day...

Dr. Sypher, - Oct 22 2:31PM

Hello, my name is Allyson. I am currently a junior at [...] highschool. Personally, I don't know too much about physics, but I love music. I plan on going to college for music education. Do you enjoy physics?

Re: Dr. Sypher, - Oct 25 12:31AM

Hi Allyson,

I do enjoy physics, a great deal. I think it's important to explore all kinds of subjects and find something that you really, really enjoy. Sounds like music might be that for you. A wise person once told me that if I do what I enjoy, then I'll never have to "work" a day in my life. Would you agree?

Cheers,
-Mike

Re: Re: Dr. Sypher, - Nov 05 2:14PM

Dr. Syphers,

I do agree with that completely. I find it absolutely fascinating that people can find something that they are so extremely passionate about. How exactly did you become interested in physics?

-Allyson

Re: Re: Re: Dr. Sypher, - Nov 07 4:32PM

Hi Allyson,
I became interested in astronomy at a very young age (6 or 8?) and was always looking up at the stars and moon and planets at night. When I got to High School and had already taken biology and chemistry (and math), I was told I should take "physics" next. I didn't know what that was, but when I saw a physics book and saw the chapter on "Gravity and Planetary Motion" then I knew it was the subject I had always wanted to take. And, I guess I never stopped!

-Mike

No comments: